Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-11-2022, 07:36 PM   #1
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Good value second hand cars - COVID times, Falcon/Commodore tax

Digging up thread - anyone noticing the covid premium now reducing on used cars?

Been watching a couple at dealers and now seeing reductions in price. Of course that could be just what I am looking at.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:44 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Digging up thread - anyone noticing the covid premium now reducing on used cars?

Been watching a couple at dealers and now seeing reductions in price. Of course that could be just what I am looking at.
Lot of LS powered stuff going for low teens now when it was twice the price a couple months ago - economy starting to bite and people trying to raise funds by offloading surplus to their needs vehicles I suspect.

Especially the Holden cohort, ditch the Commodore so can still pay for meth
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2022, 08:32 PM   #3
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, I've noticed the LS listings. Looking at Commodore/Calais wagons that can eat E85 from factory, as a step on my hippy-surfer-petrolhead path down the carbon chain on the way to carbon zero...

You've been a mechanic Franco, would I be up for multiple fuel filters when going from petrol (previous owner) to running it on E85?

Landcruisers are still at ludicrous speed in their pricing. And there's so many makes and models (even new) that I go 'I just would not drop 20-40K on something like that, I can't see the value, rather have it in divvies from stocks tbh'.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:37 PM   #4
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I spoke too soon! There you go, a cheap Landcruiser. With the non-dusting motor.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...13643193/?Cr=8

(separately, was watching Greys for this UZJ

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-10327...wagon?spr=true

market bid it up to about 18,800 and it passed in but reserve was not far away. Carsales for similar Kms has private ads in the 35-40's... hence I suspected prices might be softening)
Old 10-11-2022, 09:34 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Haha, I've noticed the LS listings. Looking at Commodore/Calais wagons that can eat E85 from factory, as a step on my hippy-surfer-petrolhead path down the carbon chain on the way to carbon zero...

You've been a mechanic Franco, would I be up for multiple fuel filters when going from petrol (previous owner) to running it on E85?

Landcruisers are still at ludicrous speed in their pricing. And there's so many makes and models (even new) that I go 'I just would not drop 20-40K on something like that, I can't see the value, rather have it in divvies from stocks tbh'.
I filled the company car with E85 - VF SV6, it claims it can run on E85.

It killed the in tank fuel pump module and also killed the high pressure fuel pump on the engine in about 100km on the highway.

I guess she didn't like her first tank of E85 after 200,000km

So from experience you'll be up for an in tank fuel pump module and the high pressure fuel pump if its one of the 6 cylinder direct injection jobs
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: