Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-05-2021, 06:09 PM   #331
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Driving - Your "pet hate" on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
Coming across road works signs saying 60KM/H and then drive 5KM and nothing to be seen, I seen this many a time, only the other day the same nonsense and then hear is the un marked cop car siting off the road, I seen the in car radar, the cop was sitting with the door open eating looking down the road, I was doing 100KM/H as I passed and then up the road was a road works ute driving along going to set up another speed sign.

I thought hang on FFS I was thinking of going back and abuse the cop, but for the cars behind me pushing me along I was thinking of.

Do the cops in QLD still have to pull you up to give you a ticket or is it just sent to you in the mail, not sure if in car radar does send out like the Vans do, I think they still have to pick you up.
Dunno about Police states like QLD but here you MIGHT get a caution the first time, but if you get caught again automatic 3 months of walking/ thinking time for being 35+ over the speed limit.Been a couple of roadworks people killed or seriously injured in the last few years so the law takes a very dim view of speeding idiots
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2021, 09:05 PM   #332
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR View Post
People who stop a good car length from the stop line at traffic lights. Especially the ones that have sensors in the road..what if no one turns up...do they just sit there forever??
I once drove around someone and stopped in front of them behind the line at a set of lights. They sat there at a red for at least 2 light rotations that I saw. I got into the left lane to go left assuming the lights were screwed when I saw they had about 8m between them and the stop line. So I pulled back in front of them to turn right and what do you know, light went green on the next rotation.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-05-2021, 10:57 PM   #333
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Hmmm.. Shops on my way home from work have camera operated boom gates (plate reading, for over-stayers). Had an old guy wait at the gate about 2 metres away from the camera for a couple (!) of minutes while the cars behind us piled up. He got out of the car to complain to me that he can't reverse out because I'm in the way... I said, drive forward! He got visibly angry, I yelled "forward!" while pointing in the direction needed and he got back in and moved slightly forward - the gate opened.

I don't blame him though. That's on the complex. Maybe because they installed 4 little speed bumps on the way out which screws with my car (and my XR6 mudflaps).

So... Unnecessary speed bumps. ( ooh, now I'm happy again.)
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #334
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post

So... Unnecessary speed bumps. ( ooh, now I'm happy again.)
Ok, how about speed bumps that are stupidly spaced apart?

Revesby Coles in Sydney has an underground car park. Just as you exit the book gates they have 2 speed humps at about 2.7m apart - you know, about the distance of the average car wheelbase.

When attacked straight on or at a slight angle the car becomes a washing machine.. bouncing all over the place or rocking side to side.

Absolute joke whoever installed them...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2021, 11:25 AM   #335
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Ok, how about speed bumps that are stupidly spaced apart?

Revesby Coles in Sydney has an underground car park. Just as you exit the book gates they have 2 speed humps at about 2.7m apart - you know, about the distance of the average car wheelbase.

When attacked straight on or at a slight angle the car becomes a washing machine.. bouncing all over the place or rocking side to side.

Absolute joke whoever installed them...
Top ryde shopping centre is the worst for speed bumps. My car is not lowered, yet these behemoth speed bump scrape the crap out of the underside of my car. So i just dont go there. And thats inch up, inch forward listening to the scrape...
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2021, 11:49 AM   #336
FroudeyBrand

People who indicate right on a roundabout then indicate left to exit roundabout but are just going straight like ffs.....

This whole blink off roundabout thing does my head in.... use left for left and right for right and going straight don't indicate at all
FroudeyBrand is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2021, 01:56 PM   #337
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroudeyBrand View Post
People who indicate right on a roundabout then indicate left to exit roundabout but are just going straight like ffs.....

This whole blink off roundabout thing does my head in.... use left for left and right for right and going straight don't indicate at all
I appreciate that it is a long thread and that some may not have been following it form the start, but to save going over the same ground again, start reading at post #21.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2021, 02:10 PM   #338
Bossxr8
Peter Car

People who drive around with their rear fog light switched on when it's not even foggy or raining.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #339
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
People who drive around with their rear fog light switched on when it's not even foggy or raining.
And the d**** that drive around with both headlights and fog lights on that the same time,knowing that is illegal.They used to be called “look at me lights”dunno what they are called now ( probably p*** you off lights)
Old 20-05-2021, 04:23 PM   #340
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
And the d**** that drive around with both headlights and fog lights on that the same time,knowing that is illegal.They used to be called “look at me lights”dunno what they are called now ( probably p*** you off lights)
DRL's have legitimized that now though. Since every second car has lights on, the police probably don't even recognize the ones that have fogs on, and don't have DRL's.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2021, 04:33 PM   #341
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
DRL's have legitimized that now though. Since every second car has lights on, the police probably don't even recognize the ones that have fogs on, and don't have DRL's.
Yeah but it is also illegal to have DRLs and headlights on at the same time.Pretty sure original fitment DRLs switch off when headlights are switched on,although some of these LED parklights are quite bright
Old 20-05-2021, 09:40 PM   #342
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Even car dealers dont know what they are, one secondhand yard i know of lists them as "spot lights" when they are clearly factory fitted fog lights

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 21-05-2021, 08:26 AM   #343
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wannabe formula 1 drivers that overtake my fuel tanker then cut in front of me to just make the off ramp then as they slow i overtake them on the motorway again .....i guess they must gain about 3/100ths of a second

I give them the look when theyre the same height as my cab as they go up the off ramp

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #344
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
I think you've explained what was going on perfectly. Just look at it from a different angle.

So you passed the first speed sign and further up the road the traffic controller was putting out another. Sounds like they were still in the process of setting the site up.

And there was no workers to be seen. Well they don't set foot on the road until the relevant controls are in place. Why? Hopefully by then people won't be doing 40 over through the site
I have seen such signs many a time, I assume just forgotten. I have driven like 10km and f ing nothing to be seen and 5000 cars have over taken me.

This one I did say 5km from the sign looked up the road over the hill could see over the next hill and nothing then more KM and then a hidden unmarked cop car and then the ute plodding along with signs in the back.

They are pathetic ! and this has nothing what so ever to do with safety at all. but a C act. a Nazi type of attack on innocent people.

Fact is a true cop car would be better serving any such a situation sitting at or around the start of the signage and not hiding in an unmarked car that is clearly an out right revenue raising tactic in fact.

Hell I drive 50.000km a year I drive more than 90% of the population I know what goes on I am not ignorant, sure I see ignorant people on the roads all the time and I know a few road workers and their story's of idiots that they have dealt with over the years. and I also know the political jerks and their disregards as to reality, talk about being rude the fact is that they are clearly not truly openly totally honest about road safety at all, they hide behind smoke an mirrors and make mountains out of mole hills.

It's all about 1km over Nazi type nonsense and devoid of reality of what truly causes all the problems, people are not paying attention, I am amassed at how far most people only look ahead 40m if that in the daylight ? and that's it I am sure if that. on them hills I was talking about is easy 1km that I could see.

I drive about town and use the high beam when I can and people say why, well it's because I am looking up the distance of the high beam and they claim that I am joking, claiming why are you looking up their for ?

The road rules have to change with that ABC eye chart, can they see 400m ? I think not.
One mate was 20yo and sat at the T road and I said what are you waiting for ? he can not see cars clearly or judge the speed of the cars in fact.
My Father in law drives 80km/h on the highway f is that dangerous to do, I had to lead him the way, never again ! you could be safer siting on 200KM/H I am sure, at 80 the cars on that 4 lane highway were cutting in front you name it, it was bedlam. but to the ignorant
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #345
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Dunno about Police states like QLD but here you MIGHT get a caution the first time, but if you get caught again automatic 3 months of walking/ thinking time for being 35+ over the speed limit.Been a couple of roadworks people killed or seriously injured in the last few years so the law takes a very dim view of speeding idiots
You know who are the biggest idiots who run down roadwork's people, it's old people who plod along like Mr Magoo that's what the road workers have said to me, not to mention ones who have been run over.
Young brat un licenced kids in stolen cars come next. followed by mums picking up the kids in a rage and not watching the bloody road.
Then comes the self absorbed clowns who totally disregard everyone 24/7
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #346
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
You know who are the biggest idiots who run down roadwork's people, it's old people who plod along like Mr Magoo that's what the road workers have said to me, not to mention ones who have been run over.
Yes, experienced jmping over the armco fencing out of the way of a little old lady (not from Passadena) we called ET once or twice while on Stop and Go duty.
She would wave at us with a skeleton like hand as she totally ignored direction.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2021, 09:46 AM   #347
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

People who don't know the difference between "Form one lane" and "merge right" or Zip merging as it is referred to by Vic roads.

On my daily commute there are a few of these "Form one lane" areas which are clearly sign posted and as the traffic is always congested at this point or a few hundred metres in front of this point, there is always one hero that comes flying up from behind on the inside lane believing that they have right of way!!!.

The annoying thing is this part of the road is just 50 metres through/past a set of traffic lights where the traffic is to form one lane, and then just another 20 metres up from the sign there is a turn right lane only, so in actual fact even though the lanes merge together , its different to normal merging lanes as usually its the outside lane that vanishes more so then the inside but quite the opposite in this case. So even though the signs posted say "Form one lane" which for anyone that knows the road rules means that you have to give way to any vehicle that is in front of you in the other lane, Every time I drive this part of road I see someone trying to force the decision that because they are in the right lane or inside lane that they have right of way even when coming from behind.
I laugh then when they can't merge as they then either get caught behind a car turning right in that right turning lane or people force them out.

I've had it done to me once when I was traveling in two lanes (I was in the outside lane) and there was a car just slightly in front of me on my right (in the inside lane), then we hit the "form one lane" signs again, and some idiot that was very much behind me but in the same lane as the car just slightly in front of me thought he would speed up when the lanes merge into one as he believed that it was his right that I had to give way !!!.
At this point as he sped up he was along side me but behind but as I had cars parked on the edge of the road and really by the time this all happened the lane had turned into one and the room was narrowing I was forced to pull behind.

Clearly there are people that have no idea on the road rules and think it's there right in which ever way they choose to see fit.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2021, 01:23 PM   #348
Hobby
Starter Motor

I call them flog lights. I know a guy who was pulled over because of them. He had been drinking so lost his licence and fined for that as well as using flog lights. I have no sympathy for him. You only need to give the wallopers an excuse to chat and he did it.
Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post