Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-03-2024, 10:04 PM   #1
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default You might have more money than you think; check here.

Time for all you slackers to do your annual check if you or any relatives have any unclaimed moneys. Check at https://moneysmart.gov.au/find-unclaimed-money and your state Treasury Department (the equivalent to this WA site https://unclaimedmonies.treasury.wa.gov.au/ums/ ) See https://asic.gov.au/for-consumers/unclaimed-money/#how for help.

I keep finding significant amounts for people I know but when I message them about it many think I am some sort of scammer and don't follow up.

Last edited by PG2; 01-04-2024 at 04:51 AM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2024, 10:13 PM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: You might have more money than yiu think; check here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
I keep finding significant amounts for people I know but when I message them about it many think I am some sort of scammer and don't follow up.
Is your FB handle something like “Major Kenneth J. William” or similar?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2024, 10:25 PM   #3
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
Is your FB handle something like “Major Kenneth J. William” or similar?
Nah; it just when you message people (even those that know me well and recognise my name) telling them they have money that they can claim they immediately presume it's a scam and I am not the person messaging them. People are just very cynical and sceptical these days but I can't say I blame them entirely.
Old 31-03-2024, 07:05 PM   #4
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bingo Aussiblue! Threw my name in and came up with a nice little Easter surprise.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2024, 12:46 PM   #5
Vekgib

Default Re: You might have more money than you think; check here.

Nothing for me. $17 for the wife.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2024, 07:50 PM   #6
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WTH tidy little sum

but from an insurance company in California. I want to go further but smell a rat
Old 02-04-2024, 08:04 PM   #7
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
WTH tidy little sum

but from an insurance company in California. I want to go further but smell a rat
They on a Government site so should be safe and some insurance companies operating in OZ are USA based. Assurance or insurance. If the latter perhaps travel related.