Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2022, 12:51 AM   #18271
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
You won't be able to. I tried with Dad given his "success" with AZ for his first 2 doses.

Word from the doctor was boosters provided can only be picked from the options approved by the state. Which I'm sure stems from Federal.

Choices are limited unless Novavax becomes approved/recommended.
Thanks, that's good to know, but I'm going to speak to them anyhow. I want all this on record and documented. Someone will have to pay if things go bad

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 31-01-2022, 12:52 AM   #18272
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
At the risk of being shouted down for sharing a youtube video....

And to set the context around this hearing, (it was not an antivax exercise).....

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ne/7785463002/

Also note that governments have given Pfizer and Moderna indemnity on vaccine injuries. It'll be interesting to see what one needs to do / prove to get access to government compensation schemes.

As mentioned before, I am hesitant on my 3rd because of the effects I felt after my 1st. Its a huge dilemma for me because my mum is immune compromised. At first my parents were shouting me down for not getting the 3rd sooner, but when my Dad shared the story of my side effect with his circle of friends, he was surprised to hear that 3 others had reported something similar. They have now asked me to see if I can get GP approval to have the AZ shot as a booster instead, and that will likely be the way I will go if it becomes a mandate.

Because its only now been given the attention, so when one starts to hear and learn something new......whats wrong with asking questions?

I don't take nurofen...isn't that the stuff that destroys your liver? The last time I took antibiotics was because an illness got hold of me when I was in a country where hygiene wasn't great....it was to treat/cure whatever I had.
Interesting you saying you want the AZ for booster shot, my first two shots were AZ and Pfizer as the Booster; my doctor told me get Pfizer or Moderna if Pfizer unavailable and definitely stay away from AZ for the booster shot.
Go talk to your Doctor.
This user likes this post:
Old 31-01-2022, 01:05 AM   #18273
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks, that's good to know, but I'm going to speak to them anyhow.
Never any harm in asking, but unless you get a sympathetic/dodgy doctor you might be out of luck.

Also keep in mind that if they go down path of booster mandates and changes to the definition of fully vaccinated then they might get specific about what brands in what order constitute "fully vaccinated".

Might say first 2 shots can be combination of A,B,C or D and booster must be B or C. Don't want to shoot yourself in the foot.

Quote:
Someone will have to pay if things go bad
Luckily they are fully prepared for you!

https://www.health.gov.au/initiative...-claims-scheme

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au...-claims-scheme
Old 31-01-2022, 01:06 AM   #18274
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Interesting you saying you want the AZ for booster shot, my first two shots were AZ and Pfizer as the Booster; my doctor told me get Pfizer or Moderna if Pfizer unavailable and definitely stay away from AZ for the booster shot.
Go talk to your Doctor.
Only because of how I felt after the Pfizer, nothing more nothing less. Thought I'd take my chances with AZ. But that may not be a choice I have.

I'm also going to catch up with a mate of mine who has just returned from overseas. An ex employee at one of the big 3, although not in their R&D department. Can't say too much in the public arena, he thinks he is being watched. He is unvaxed, I'm not going to jump to conclusions, but I want to know why.

Quote:
Never any harm in asking, but unless you get a sympathetic/dodgy doctor you might be out of luck.
Surely its either going to be a yes or no based on ATAGI / TGA policy. Its either going to be an option but have to jump through hoops, or a hard "that is not an option at all".

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Last edited by T3rminator; 31-01-2022 at 01:12 AM.
Old 31-01-2022, 02:48 AM   #18275
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Surely its either going to be a yes or no based on ATAGI / TGA policy. Its either going to be an option but have to jump through hoops, or a hard "that is not an option at all".
I'd expect it will be a yes or no based on policy and state and federal approvals.

But who's to say after sitting down with your long term and trusted GP, after talking about your concerns, they give you a wink and say "we can do it just this once, but don't tell anyone".

One never knows.
Old 31-01-2022, 10:13 AM   #18276
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMOND View Post
I'm fully vaxxed, but if you think they force it on us for our benefit, I call that BS. Why can't someone who is unvaxxed come and sit beside me, if the vax does what it's meant too. The rules have no logic.
It's perfectly logical. The vaxxed get the carrot (freedom), the unvaxxed get the stick (restrictions). We got delta under control by getting people vaccinated. There was a lot of resistance at the time if you recall, most notably in the construction sector.

If we had a substantial portion of the population unvaxxed, hospitals wouldnt be coping. That would mean that my daughter would be managing her illness with ineffective painkillers instead of having the surgery she did last week.

I'm fine with your 'freedoms' being trampled on for her sake, any day of the week.
Old 31-01-2022, 10:24 AM   #18277
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
Its also known each day that a decent percentage of people hospitalised have had the injection and people who have had 1 and 2 injections are dying, they report this each day.
Because the number of vaxxed vastly outnumber the unvaxxed. If you correct for the relative numbers of each, the vaxxed are 15 times less likely to be in hospital. The ones that are dying are the very old and in poor health. Why aren't the very old and in poor health that are unvaxxed dying? Because they already did.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #18278
slowsnake
Banned

Isn't it nice to have a nice simple, no nonsense, Q & A day on this thread!
Too cooooool........
Old 31-01-2022, 12:02 PM   #18279
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia
NSW records 13,026 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9485 from 0.9339) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 10,053 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9492 (from 0.9369) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

No States set a new daily high.

Here is the predictive trend graph for three States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2022, 12:07 PM   #18280
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Isn't it nice to have a nice simple, no nonsense, Q & A day on this thread!
Too cooooool........
You just had to go and jinx it. Bl00dy hell!
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2022, 01:21 PM   #18281
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 30th 2022.

47,258 new cases for Australia and 86 deaths so the CMR is 0.145%.

NZ recorded 140 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.319%.

The UK recorded 62,399 cases and 95 deaths for a CMR of 0.945%.

192,028 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,127 deaths sees CMR at 1.201%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 375M;
Europe passes 124M cases;
France passes 19M cases;

Egypt (2,210) – the 6th consecutive day);
Belarus (2,387);
Azerbaijan (4,943) – the previous high (4,451) on 13/12/20;
Palestine (5,797);
Bahrain (6,745) – the 6th consecutive day;
Netherlands (75,164);
Japan (82,159); and
Russia (121,228) – the 10th consecutive day;

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Iran moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-02-2022 at 12:42 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2022, 01:24 PM   #18282
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
You just had to go and jinx it. Bl00dy hell!
Thems the breaks!.....
Old 31-01-2022, 10:33 PM   #18283
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'd expect it will be a yes or no based on policy and state and federal approvals.

But who's to say after sitting down with your long term and trusted GP, after talking about your concerns, they give you a wink and say "we can do it just this once, but don't tell anyone".

One never knows.
Had dinner with someone tonight who has been an immuniser for the past 6 months. She doesn't think I would qualify for the AZ, apparently I'd need to prove I had a pretty severe reaction (ending up in hospital kinda severe). Immunisers aren't GPs, so she said I could give it a crack. Not liking the chances.

Also heard some pretty interesting accounts on how people have tried to game the system. Fake arms (yes it happens here too), paying the homeless to take the shots on their behalf (one Melb man was caught taking 60 shots. I guess there is some confidence its safe? ). The biggest attempt of a bribe she has heard was $15k, but she said it was very common for people to enter the booths and try to slip a few hundred bucks into the immunisers pockets! And by law, they have to call the police when that happens.

Rides (past and present)

Old 01-02-2022, 12:41 AM   #18284
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
You watch Al Jazeera as a source of truth?
A better source than the ABC, I am certain of that.

Your quotes from "The Factual", which appears to be an algorithm that trawls written articles over the internet, with margins of error that are accountable to...well...nobody..are irrelevant pertaining to live televison broadcasts from the likes of Al Jazeera....sorry not factual enough for me.

Maybe you could give us the "score " for the ABC.....

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 01-02-2022, 12:43 AM   #18285
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Had dinner with someone tonight who has been an immuniser for the past 6 months. She doesn't think I would qualify for the AZ, apparently I'd need to prove I had a pretty severe reaction (ending up in hospital kinda severe). Immunisers aren't GPs, so she said I could give it a crack.

last week I didn't even know how to shpell immunerizer now I are one.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:58 AM   #18286
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
I read the opinion piece that bolded quote is from. Nowhere does he reference which WHO document he is talking about, and nowhere does he quote it directly.
The burden of proof is on you to prove he is falsely reporting it.
Personally I wouldn't be interested in proof readings of 1500 page documents, just the gist of it is fine.

Quote:
I could only find one guidance document WRT vaccinating kids, published in November (ie. AFTER he wrote his piece), and it said kids are simply a lower priority while high risk populations in developing nations have yet to be given the vaccine. That's a wildly different message than your quote implies.
Since you have failed to identify the document tht is the basis of your attack I cannot respond as it fails to meet the standards you ask of the author.

Quote:
https://www.statesman.com/story/news...id/4989132001/

Its the same old faulty logic applied by antivaxxers here that question the TGA's vaccine adverse reaction reporting stats.
Don't trust your link to be a source of facts.
But your opinion is just that...your opinion.

Quote:
Amazing how many antivaxxers no longer have the courage of their convictions, now they're not antivaxxers, they're just 'questioning' and 'standing up for their freedoms'.

I have been triple vaxxed since November.

Americans have a Bill Of Rights with explicit freedoms from govt interference in their lives.
In Austraia we do not...so you can't really criticize US citizens for exercising their rights.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:47 AM   #18287
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
The burden of proof is on you to prove he is falsely reporting it.
Hard to when he wont cite his sources. The fact that you happily take him at face value while expecting me to provide evidence for my statements, says to me you've drunk the cool aid and there's little point trying to convince you.

Quote:
Americans have a Bill Of Rights with explicit freedoms from govt interference in their lives.
They also continue to vote against gun control while their kids continue to die. And you hold them up as some sort of shining example....
Old 01-02-2022, 08:07 AM   #18288
Metdevil

Quote:
WHO published new vaccine guidance. Here’s what it says: children should not take the coronavirus vaccine. Why? The drugs are too dangerous.

Here he is quoting the WHO guidelines back at them and questioning the about face in guidance relating to children's safety.

You need to learn basic clear thinking and/or comprehension skills Leesa.

This is not an anti-vax message either....
Nowhere in that transcript does he ever actually quote any guideline. Not even a paraphrasing, just a baseless claim with nothing to support it. Carlson doesn't mind adding in a clip of Fauci making a faux pas when there's a chance for a Gotcha, but for supposed 'evidence' about unsafe vaccines for children, there's nothing?

Yea, red flags all over this one from mis/disinformation 101.

Quote:
Between late December of 2020, and last month, a total of 3,362 people apparently died after getting the COVID vaccines in the United States. Three thousand, three hundred and sixty-two — that’s an average of 30 people every day

That is a report on the facts, pointing out that emphasis is almost entirely on lives saved, deaths due to covid etc.

He clearly describes the numbers of people dying directly as a consequence of the vaccines and the attendent reactions.

That...to me is newsworthy.

Now...what else have you got?
He also says this: "The data we just cited come from the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System — VAERS — which is managed by the CDC and the FDA."

And this is from VAERS: "a report to VAERS does not mean that a vaccine caused an adverse event"

Also Tucker: "VARES has received a lot of criticism over the years, some of it founded. Some critics have argued for a long time that VARES undercounts vaccine injuries. A report submitted to the Department of Health and Human Services in 2010 concluded that "fewer than one percent of vaccine adverse events are reported" by the VARES system."

He's basically just said this is misinformation, but he's put the spin on this 'undercount' being deliberate by the CDC. Unfortunately, the reality is...
"VAERS is a passive surveillance system, meaning it relies on people sending in reports of their experiences after vaccination.... VAERS accepts reports from anyone, including patients, family members, healthcare providers and vaccine manufacturers."

VAERS (Or "VARES" to Fox, apparently), is not a vaccine safety watchdog. It's a passive tool to the FDA, CDC, or manufacturers for finding patterns.
There's also this:
"Any health problem that happens after vaccination is considered an adverse event following immunization. An adverse event can be a true adverse reaction, also known as a side effect, that is related to the vaccine, or a coincidental event that happened following vaccination."

VAERS also comes with this very important disclaimer:
"While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases."

So any death following vaccination can be reported, by anyone, to VAERS. You could walk out of the clinic and be hit by a bus and Fox News would warn the public on the dangerous side effects of the vaccine on your behalf. They would quote the knowingly less-than-statistical source of VAERS as 'statistics' and then use the unreliability of those non-statistics to blow that out of proportion by implying that these make up only 1% of the actual figure. That, to me, is not news worthy...

So sure, Fox hasn't come right out and said 'we are anti-vax and you shouldn't get the vaccine', their producers are too smart to do that. But this is very clearly scaremongering designed for that same effect. Let's not kid ourselves of that.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/en...ers/index.html
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/en...cts/index.html
https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html
Old 01-02-2022, 11:00 AM   #18289
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
In Austraia we do not...so you can't really criticize US citizens for exercising their rights.
Americans have too many "rights" that's what elected Governments are for, to make decisions on behalf of the dummies.
The Constitution was designed for a certain era, a place in time that issues not relevant to this Century, America is a train wreck, we are close behind!
Old 01-02-2022, 11:06 AM   #18290
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:

I'm also going to catch up with a mate of mine who has just returned from overseas. An ex employee at one of the big 3, although not in their R&D department. Can't say too much in the public arena, he thinks he is being watched.

I probably wouldn't listen too much to someone thinking the helicopters are following them

Old 01-02-2022, 12:40 PM   #18291
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
I probably wouldn't listen too much to someone thinking the helicopters are following them

Deleted.

Sorry misread your post.

Yes. I've known him for a while. He has worked on some interesting projects in the past. Will see what he has to say.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2022, 12:47 PM   #18292
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia
NSW records 12,818 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9669 from 0.9485) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 11,311 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9735 (from 0.9492) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

No States set a new daily high.

Here is the predictive trend graph for three States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

As it was the end of our week on Monday, here are the weekly case numbers with NSW having 20k more cases then Victoria last week although Victoria recorded 32,310 less cases than the previous week while NSW recorded 57,964 less.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2022, 01:56 PM   #18293
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 31st 2022.

33,877 new cases for Australia and 42 deaths so the CMR is 0.145%. There was an adjustment of -29,482 cases to remove duplicates from last week.

NZ recorded 130 cases and 1 death for a CMR of 0.323%.

The UK didn’t report any data for a CMR of 0.945%.

408,910 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,956 deaths sees CMR at 1.198%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 377M;
Europe passes 125M cases;
Asia passes 100M cases;
North America passes 89M cases;
Africa passes 11M cases;
USA passes 76M cases;

Bhutan (206);
San Marino (1,098)’
New Caledonia (1,843);
Egypt (2,223) – the 7th consecutive day;
Venezuela (2,646) on 301/;
Libya (4,429) – the previous high (3,512) on 26/7/21;
Paraguay (6,853);
Palestine (7,784);
Jordan (16,226);
Japan (85,042) - the 6th consecutive day; and
Russia (124,070) – the 11th consecutive day;

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Afghanistan moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2022, 03:10 PM   #18294
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

We've obviously seen a rapid increase in the number of cases in Australia over the last month although numbers seem to be on the decline this last two weeks, so here is some data about hospitalisations and mortalities since Omicron became the prevalent infection.

The data is for each week from the 3rd December onward.

That first week saw 10,764 cases and the 544 people in hospital represented 5% of cases although they were probably mostly Delta patients.

Jump to this last week (ending 28/1) and the case numbers were 394,317 and there were 5,020 people in hospital or just 1.276% of cases and that percentage has been rising the last two weeks after dropping in between as shown in the charts below.

Hospitalisation - Raw Numbers and % of Cases

Likewise, the number of patients in ICU has also continued to climb from 159 in that first week to 514 now but the percentage of cases has fallen from 1.477% in week 1 to 0.131% this week – albeit a little higher than the last few weeks.

ICU - Raw Numbers and % of Cases

The number of deaths from those cases also continues to drop as a percentage. It was 0.372% in that first week and 0.140% in this last week (up on last week) although we do know that adjusted CMR is probably a more reliable gauge so it is included in that graph – both of which are climbing.

.. and for completeness, the growth in case numbers for the same period.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2022, 01:53 AM   #18295
nstg8a

NeoCoV… coming soon.
Old 02-02-2022, 10:47 AM   #18296
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia
NSW records 11,807 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9581 from 0.9669) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 14,553 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0204 (from 0.9735) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

The NT (1,122) set a new daily high (1/2).

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 02-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #18297
slowsnake
Banned

It seems Glenn Wheatley, never recovered from a Covid-19 infection over the Christmas period, he spent t a couple of weeks in intensive care but never recovered!

As reported by Simon Collins, The West Australian newspaper.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:10 AM   #18298
slowsnake
Banned

Was at my GP'S surgery yesterday, I get in at 7am, just script for painkillers, I helped the young receptionist unscrew the chairs in the waiting room, folk were sitting on chairs marked " not to be used "

The 1.5 metre rule now applies, but saw my GP Adam Nuttall, he is one of only 4 WA doctors who treat Lyme disease, that how I met him, but he said a dude walked in, unmasked, coughing and sneezing and asking to see a doctor, a big sign supplied by the State Government is emblazoned across the front entry door.
If you have these symptoms go to ED, do not enter clinic!

He refused to go to the ED, as is instructed, Dr Nuttall is about the size of a front row footballer, he said he grabbed him by the collar and his belt, picked him up and threw him out!....too cool ��

Last edited by slowsnake; 02-02-2022 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Add a bit
Old 02-02-2022, 11:17 AM   #18299
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Was at my GP'S surgery yesterday, I get in at 7am, just script for painkillers, I helped the young receptionist unscrew the chairs in the waiting room, folk were sitting on chairs marked " not to be used "

The 1.5 metre rule now applies, but saw my GP Adam Nuttall, he is one of only 4 WA doctors who treat Lyme disease, that how I met him, but he said a dude walked in, unmasked, coughing and sneezing and asking to see a doctor, a big sign supplied by the State Government is emblazoned across the front entry door.
If you have these symptoms go to ED, do not enter clinic!

He refused to go to the ED, as is instructed, Dr Nuttall is about the size of a front row footballer, he said he grabbed him by the collar and his belt, picked him up and threw him out!....too cool ��
Nice move, so if that guy tests positive your Dr is now a close contact... and possibly you as well.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:52 AM   #18300
slowsnake
Banned

I agree, the girls at reception asked him politely to leave, gave him a mask and hand sanitiser, he told em to go to hell, I need a doctor, I'm sick!
If I was there I would of dragged him out, my GP has quite a few Lyme patients, all from Bali holidays, so not caught here, they are in a rotten state, and you get knobheads like that walking in?

Where has common-sense gone??
Closed Thread