Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default M/T Drag Radials (short supply)

Anyone who wants M/T Drag Radials, don’t leave it to the last minute before a meet.
Just last week a friend of mine wanted some for racing to be told there are none around and it will be a month or so before we see more.
So if you’re thinking of getting some start looking ASAP.
The world demand for these tyres exceeds there production.
Below is an email I will share with you it’s from Mickey Thompson head office in the States.

Mark,

My name is Bill O'Roake and I'm responsible for the International sales for
Mickey Thompson.

The tires in question are not only in short supply in Australia but in the
U.S. as well.

Since the introduction of the new E.T. Street Radial tires mid last year we
have not been able to supply consistently to meet the demands.

The manufacturing process is new and cumbersome and has led delays compared
to our other products we manufacture. I can assure you that Rocket
Industries has a good number of tires on order and the delays have been our
inability to supply properly. Everyday we are improving the process and we
are just starting to see some number of tires coming into our warehouses.

We load containers for them constantly and I can assure you these tires are
not being included as an afterthought.

I appreciate your frustration as we share many of the same frustrations
regarding fulfilling our customer's requirements.

We understand that during this process we may have lost a few customers but
the guys going the fastest are still using our tires.

I hope that I have shed some insight into the problems associated with the
new E.T. Street Radial Tire. We do appreciate your patronage and your
patience.

Best regards

Bill O'Roake
International Marketing Manager

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels
1900 Compton Avenue Suite 101
Corona, 92881
Ph# (951) 817-0101 ext. 181

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:08 AM   #2
XRQTOR
Banned

What do you want these for Mark................
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
What do you want these for Mark................
I already got mine, after a few PM's back and forth I got an email from Rocket industries.
M/T in the States told Rocket to save me 2 from there last shipment...
Got them off George Haddad good price too…255x16.
Best drag radial on the market...everyone is switching over to them.
LS1 guy's use the 235x15 at $250ea great price, cheaper than performance street rubber.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:08 AM   #4
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
I already got mine, after a few PM's back and forth I got an email from Rocket industries.
M/T in the States told Rocket to save me 2 from there last shipment...
Got them off George Haddad good price too…255x16.
Best drag radial on the market...everyone is switching over to them.
LS1 guy's use the 235x15 at $250ea great price, cheaper than performance street rubber.
Are they full slicks or steet legal rubber.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:23 AM   #5
SpoolMan

Quote:
Are they full slicks or steet legal rubber.
There Radials they say street legal rubber, we drive on them to the track.
Rod organized 16 inch steelies to be made up for me and a few weeks later he got some done for Chris same tyres 16x8.
Geea done his 10.8 on them.
picture of the Tyre below.
more info here.
Mickey Thompson’s New ET Street Radial Becomes the World’s Fastest Drag Radial !

Racers on M/T set Both Ends of the DOT Street Class Record
October 18, 2004

Stow, OH – Racers Rick Head and Dennis Bailey set both the E.T. and M.P.H. World Record at the World Street Nationals in Orlando Florida today on Mickey Thompson’s ET Street Radial, a new Street Legal Drag Radial for D.O.T. Radial Classes.

Rick Head ran the World’s quickest pass on a street radial with a 7.663 E.T. at 186.58 mph and Dennis Bailey ran the Worlds Fastest Pass at 189.87mph with a 7.704 E.T. Just two weeks before this event Rick Head was crowned “King of the Drag Radial Class” by Hot Rod Magazine, who sponsored an event to determine the best drag racer on street tires.

Although Mickey Thompson is new to the Radial Classes with the introduction of the ET Street Radial, it is no stranger to Sportsman Drag Racing. M/T Tires made history in the past with the introduction of it’s now legendary E.T. Street tire, a bias ply drag tire that is also D.O.T. approved and won SEMA’s prestigious Best New Performance Product Award when it was launched. “Each year many championships and records are set on Mickey Thompson Drag Tires”, stated Ken Warner, VP Sales and Marketing for Mickey Thompson,
When we set out to build a radial we did so with high standards in mind,and the tire has proven to be second to none in this segment.”
For more info on Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels visit:
www.mickeythompsontires.com
Old 12-06-2005, 12:12 PM   #6
302donk

try VPW in melbourne they have a great range of m/ts they just got a shipment on Tuesday cause i just got a new set of slicks off them.
302donk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2005, 10:03 PM   #7
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Woot! Mine came in on friday!!
Old 12-06-2005, 11:52 PM   #8
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Woot! Mine came in on friday!!
what size did you get Dan?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:57 PM   #9
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 275's by 17's.

Im going to squeeze them onto an 8 inch rim at this stage and see how they go.

My mechanic made a mistake with my ECU so Im not 100% confident Ill be at calder on friday. He lost the original map when his laptop crashed. I have to put off the trip to NSW to get it engineered as well. Im not happy.
Old 13-06-2005, 12:02 AM   #10
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
The 275's by 17's.

Im going to squeeze them onto an 8 inch rim at this stage and see how they go.
I put the M/T 255x16 on Hamo's AU, had a slight rub on the inner plastic lining of the guard.
Did you pick up some rims?
Old 13-06-2005, 12:15 AM   #11
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep, my mate just bought a AU1 XR8, he had BA 18's on his other car so I borrow the AU1 XR8 wheels for as long as I want.

They just clear the brakes. Its very close.
Old 13-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #12
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

Dan...These tyres are huge...lol!!
Old 16-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
There Radials they say street legal rubber, we drive on them to the track.
Rod organized 16 inch steelies to be made up for me and a few weeks later he got some done for Chris same tyres 16x8.
Geea done his 10.8 on them.
picture of the Tyre below.
more info here.
Mickey Thompson’s New ET Street Radial Becomes the World’s Fastest Drag Radial !

Racers on M/T set Both Ends of the DOT Street Class Record
October 18, 2004

Stow, OH – Racers Rick Head and Dennis Bailey set both the E.T. and M.P.H. World Record at the World Street Nationals in Orlando Florida today on Mickey Thompson’s ET Street Radial, a new Street Legal Drag Radial for D.O.T. Radial Classes.

Rick Head ran the World’s quickest pass on a street radial with a 7.663 E.T. at 186.58 mph and Dennis Bailey ran the Worlds Fastest Pass at 189.87mph with a 7.704 E.T. Just two weeks before this event Rick Head was crowned “King of the Drag Radial Class” by Hot Rod Magazine, who sponsored an event to determine the best drag racer on street tires.

Although Mickey Thompson is new to the Radial Classes with the introduction of the ET Street Radial, it is no stranger to Sportsman Drag Racing. M/T Tires made history in the past with the introduction of it’s now legendary E.T. Street tire, a bias ply drag tire that is also D.O.T. approved and won SEMA’s prestigious Best New Performance Product Award when it was launched. “Each year many championships and records are set on Mickey Thompson Drag Tires”, stated Ken Warner, VP Sales and Marketing for Mickey Thompson,
When we set out to build a radial we did so with high standards in mind,and the tire has proven to be second to none in this segment.”
For more info on Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels visit:
www.mickeythompsontires.com
Good tyre, got my best ever 60 on them, i wont be driving on them to the track anymore after a reprimand from the missus.

Better than the Nitto's in my opinion, but the nitto's certainly a better road tyre.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #14
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Good tyre, got my best ever 60 on them, i wont be driving on them to the track anymore after a reprimand from the missus.

Better than the Nitto's in my opinion, but the nitto's certainly a better road tyre.
Why would you get repimanded for drivin on them to the track. Nitto's for the street and M/T's for the strip.

The old dunlops dont grip real well do they.
Old 16-06-2005, 07:37 PM   #15
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why would you get repimanded for drivin on them to the track. Nitto's for the street and M/T's for the strip.

The old dunlops dont grip real well do they.
Mate you take off at 2500rpm (manual) with the dunlops you get wheel spin.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #16
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
Mate you take off at 2500rpm (manual) with the dunlops you get wheel spin.
Yea i know of a bloke who got a bit excited and tried to take off with 27oorpm, lots of spin............