View Single Post
Old 30-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #20
Crazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
I see the biggest problem with the Sportswagon is the constant electrical problems. If they didnt have those problems I would probably be in one now myself. The 5 speed is no worse than the 4 speed in the BF. As for the alloytec, well I know there is no comparison with the I6. I would probably consider an SS if the price was right.

Mondeo for me seems underpowered, but having said that I havent driven one. Everyone would have laughed if they put a 2.3L 4 cyl 118kw 208Nm in an AU. Well that is what the mondeo is, similar size and weight to an AU.

Nah some of the reps at work have them and they have no electrical problems, anyway thats what a warranty is for. Im more concerned about long term durability and parts costs, as we always buy out my lease at the end so that my wife gets my old car as her new car.

Not really interested in diesels. Even though im a big, lazy, torque kind of guy ive never driven a diesel ive really liked. And again, im concerned about the servicing costs out of warranty, especially when you hear horror stories about 3 grand for replacement injectors. If it was Aussie made I would be more willing to take on a diesel I think. To be honest, im probably just making lame excuses as I really want a V8 wagon, and im trying to justify my irresponsible (but fun) desire.

Ford will have a bit of success with the Mondeo wagon as a lot of SUV buyers when they downsize still want the pratical wagon shape and maybe diesel engine that they are used to with their SUV.
Crazed is offline   Reply With Quote