View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #19
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FORD use the name's
cruse-o-matic
ford-o-matic
But that has nothing to do with what actual auto trans that is actually in it.
As i see it the customline auto is not a FMX. but the first of what was to become a FMX, but smaller. how good it was or performed i don't know.
The 2 sp in the falcon XK-L-M-P were 3rd rate rubbish.
The 3 sp B/W35 from what i can work out there is 2 versions in the XR falcon the std one has L S D and the one called cruse-o-matic has L and D ONLY. but both are B/W35 auto's. and this was a option on 6 cyl and 289 V8. and with the cruse o if i am right you could take off in 2 ed gear for snow or mud?

And as far as i know in the XT-W it's the same with the 6 cyl but they had a L S D selector. and the V8 may of got the C4 auto. but i am not 100% sure when the first falcon got the C4 auto. i think it was XW, when ford was boasting of a "DRIVERS AUTO" one that you could use like a manual with the T BAR.
Now with this C4 auto, like the B/W35 with the cruse option, you could take off in 2ed if you wanted to. but the B/W35 was not a drivers auto, but a grand par's auto. how it performed. and in std form FMX and C6 auto's can't match a C4, for spirited driving style.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote