View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #37
Mackspower

Default Re: Ordered my new Titanium Hatch

I ordered a 'Lunar Sky/Brisbane Brown' Titanium Diesel hatch. There was only one in stock at the time and it was a 2010 build (and being used as a demonstrator).

The Dealer didn't want to move on price for the 2010 build/Demonstrator. As it was nearly six months into 2011, I elected to order a new one as this is a lease vehicle and the build date and purchase price are king.

If I pick-up on heaps79 and allanv6gt comments . . . the Sydney Ford dealer/market attitude is that premium Mondeo models are in high demand and so they simply refuse to be flexible about sourcing or pricing. Last year build and demonstrators sell for sticker price it seems . . .

I'm a Mondeo fan but I'd think twice about dealing with Ford imported vehicles in the future. I work in an industry where I see production/manufactruing planning happening all the time and I honestly can't believe a mature factory like Genk simply can't meet forecast and schedule.

Their performance dashboard must be a constant sea of red indicators as the delays cascade through new orders.

Last edited by Mackspower; 11-08-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote