View Single Post
Old 26-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #54
DaveD_XB

Default Re: My XB Coupe RestoMod

Wow… it’s been so long since I had an update for this thread…. Realistically progress stopped just before Xmas & not much really happened since, due to house hunting, buying, moving & general life getting in the way… we have decided not to use my original boot as it’s too much work to get it as good as I want it, so we’ve fitted a spare one I had… my panel beater got all excited when he was stripping the boot back to bare metal as it had race car signage on it under the top coat of paint… he didn’t take any pics, but it said Bridgestone across the back in very large letters it seems & the wing placement holes are a lot higher up the boot than they should be… wonder if it came of a race car or a marketing car or someone just mocked it up years ago…

One of the issues we had was space & having to keep moving the car about to work on it…. So last month I went to collect the old girl & move her to the new Skunk Works where the project will be based… this how sad she looked when I picked her up

Now she’s sitting waiting for me to finish off the Dodge so that I can concentrate 100% on her…

I got a set of seats from a late model XR8 Ute for the right price, I’m still not 100% sure what I’m doing with the interior… but now I have more options than just reusing the original seats or the Landau seats that I have..

I’ve also just picked up a load of new rust repair sections for the rear that some of which didn’t exist on the market last year, or at least I never saw them advertised anywhere.. so the timing worked out nice here… I have a set of wheel arch lips to go on, as I’m sure once I’ve removed the chrome trim & the paint there will be bugger all metal left there..

I also got the rear sections of the parcel shelf, both horizontal & vertical..

as you don’t ever see the metal I had just made up some flat plate steel to do the job, but much happier now that I can have it right..

I also got a set of boot floor panels to go in… again both the horizontal & vertical panels… mine are badly repaired from rear end smash she must have had in her past..

1972 Dodge Challenger R/T - Mopar Weekend Toy
1969 GTO - Pontiac Weekend Toy
DaveD_XB is offline   Reply With Quote