View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #149
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: 6Piston Brembo kits FG and Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
Hey mate,

Just a quick enquiry. I have purchased an FGX XR8 and seriously considering upgrading to a 6/4 setup what can I utilise from the original setup (rotors) as they are new. And what would be an approximate cost including braided lines. What pads would you recommend that aren't massively aggressive on the rotors and dust like mad (may be impossible to get both but obviously a compromise) track work is a possibility. I would like to upgrade to 2 piece rotors on the front later but don't really want to bin a new set of OE fronts if they will suit the 6's if you know what I mean. Your help would be gretatly appreciated.

Cheers Ryan
Ryan the only thing you can use is the brembo front 355mm rotors but really it isn't worth it and i would sell them along with the rest of the brakes you remove as a complete brake kit.
The black Brembo's are very competitive in price compared to the reds at the moment and everything you need including the two piece front and braided lines would cost you $5900. The new 4/1 combo on your car when removed for sale as a complete kit should get you between $2000 to $2500 max. The red Brembo 6/4 kit with the 2 piece dba and the braided is about $6900

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrstar
Thanks for the heads up.. With the bracket defelection, is this more common with radial mount setups or also a problem with lug mount arrangements too?

I'm happy to make my own brackets I guess the key factor for the disc selection will be the swept depth of the ~378 mm rotor.

My preference would be a fixed 2 piece rather than floating disc. I see there is a listing for an Audi (perhaps TTRS and RS3 ) which runs a 370x32 2 piece rotor all be it with the incorrect 5x112 PCD and smaller centre bore, which may be a potential contender..
The radial mount setup with a bracket is really converted to a lug mount set up anyway so i don't think the problem is there plus the radial to lug bracket would be stronger. The problems are more from the flex of the larger size rotor on the hub area but we can get you up to a 378mm disc if you need one plus a hat.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote