View Single Post
Old 14-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #1445
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Secondly, reduce your daily calorie intake by 300 calories and then keep it the same for 10 days, then reduce it by another 300 calories and then keep it at that for another 10 days and so on until you reach your target daily calorie intake.

By only reducing by 300 calories you avoid the feeling hungry all the time feeling but 300 calories isn't much of a deficit so you need to be strict as just 1 beer can bring you back to maintenance calories and you won't be in deficit.

Thirdly, try and eat about 5 to 6 meals a day in the early stages whilst still sticking to the second rule above and then gradually reduce the total calorie content of the meals down to 400 calories per meal, that way 5 meals a day x 400 calories = 2000 calories.

Lastly, the body doesn't need a lot of carbs to perform at it's best, your carb intake doesn't need to exceed more than 100 grams per day and try to consume all of your daily carb intake at breakfast, mid morning and lunch.

Also excess carb consumption makes the body produce more insulin (a powerful hormone) and excess insulin reduces the bodies ability to burn fat.
Cant totally agree with this.

300 calories one week and so on; thats 1200 calories over 4 weeks, which is a lot. In a short time. 500 calories once for at least a month + training. There is bound to be weight loss. Someone wanting to lose excess weight will lose 50% of it quite quickly by ensuring around 3lt of water per day, exercise and dropping their caloric amount by 500. You can east $##t all day, as long as the caloric amount of that food is 500 less than their maintenance level, they will lose weight. People will lose fluid weight; which generally works hand in hand with eating cleaner food i.e. less sodium = less fluid retention, but people want to lose body fat %, not to be confused with scale weight.

Therefore, portion size does not matter. Total calories in VS calories out (energy used in the day). Low calorie meals can be made up but also equal large quantity i.e. 6 eggs, 200g salmon and a piece of toast (from memory when i did my last cut) was a lower calorie meal than 250g chicken breast with 150g sweet potato and whatever else i was having with it. Dont over complicate calories consumed vs calories burned.

The slower the rate you lose weight the quicker your metabolism will become for a longer period, thus keeping the weight off longer.

Carbs are not bad. This is a myth. Foods which are generally high in complex carbs are processed wheaty processed foods. Its like saying all German's are Nazi's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Firstly, you must calculate what you are currently eating now before you start dieting so you know what your starting point is for calorie intake, there are heaps of really good phone apps that will do it for you.

An important step when you start to diet is to not be drastic and go from 4000 calories a day down to 2000 calories a day. 2000 calories a day should be your eventual goal but you will only hit plateaus if you go too hard too soon.

Don't worry that you've only lost a few kilos at this early stage as most peoples metabolisms take about 3 weeks to get into fat burning mode
Agreed.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote