View Single Post
Old 23-04-2016, 12:40 AM   #25
bundybear75

Default Re: Ford oil spec M2C913-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
Welcome to the wacky world of oils for Mondeo diesels. Firstly, I'd suggest saving your money and sticking with 15,000 km oil change intervals. You're obviously doing a high mileage, so there is no reason to change it more frequently. The service interval in Europe is 20,000 km - Ford AU decided in their wisdom to make it the same as the Falcon.

As the Mondeo diesel has a Peugeot engine, I follow their recommendation and use a Total oil - Quartz Ineo ECS, which meets Peugeot requirements. It's a mid-SAPS oil meeting ACEA C2.

The Nulon oil is a C3 oil, which may provide better engine protection but will increase fuel consumption slightly compared to C2 or the Ford spec oil.

I doubt that it really matters which oil you use, but safest to use a C2 oil if you're concerned about DPF failure. Penrite make one, but I'm not sure about Nulon.

30% off Penrite at Repco in NZ this weekend.

Total Oils not readily available in Australia unless you're in Victoria (according to their distributor list) so they are off the list.

I'm going to start with the 7,500km service intervals until I know the car well. I've always done an intermediate service on all my cars, simply for piece of mind. $60 or so for oil and filter every couple of months and an hour of my time I think is worth it. I hope to do 400,000km or more in this car. ( I got 333,000km out of the old VP Commodore it replaces and then only retired it due to an electrical gremlin)
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote