View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #44
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford passenger cars not a priority for Blue Oval in Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
A while back didn't Ford say they were going to bring in a whole heap of new performance vehicles?

But every time they announce an interesting new performance vehicle we get told, not for Australia. If the Ranger Raptor gets the same engine as the rest of the range, you can't really call that performance either, I don't care if it gets better brakes.

I think a big area Ford falls behind is tech.
My FG G6e has the same tech as the 90s Fairlane Ghia we have at work. About the only thing extra is the auto dimming rear view mirror. Admittedly that probably wouldn't have saved the Falcon. The base model Mondeo is light years ahead in the tech department, but they're not selling great. Large car buyers do seem to be moving to dual cab utes and SUVs.

Tech is a huge thing in the small car market. The buyers tend to be young urban dwellers. The i30 sells like hotcakes, and it's loaded with tech and gadgets. While Fiestas are fun to drive (I was surprised when I tested one), it's been left in the 90s inside.
The new Fiesta might actually compete, but we'll never see it. (Apparently one of the best selling cars in the UK too)

I honestly can't think of anything in the Ford range I'd want to buy if I went out to buy a new car tomorrow.
Focus ST, Mustang GT, Ranger Wildtrack with Tickford mods, I'd have one of each if the house was knocked down and turned into a garage.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: