View Single Post
Old 17-02-2020, 04:38 PM   #1136
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Holden going has no relevance to Ford Australia. Absolutely ZERO.

Holden only did little bits and pieces for GM. Ford has basically the whole Ranger/Everest program and it's Ford's shining light along with F series. From what I can recall it's actually a more profitable vehicle than F series is, and it sells in just about every country on the planet. F series doesn't even really move outside North America bar a few countries in limited numbers.

Short term looks good, but who knows what might happen in the medium term. We do it better, and cheaper than what the Yanks can do. And with the aussie dollar at 67c it's cheaper than the US. Things can change overnight though, but Holden going won't have any bearing on it at all, bar maybe Ford pouching some of their redunadant engineers if they have positions available.
I fully understand that, but the general public have no idea and Ford can do with every little bit of good publicity they can muster.

From what I hear the medium term is not set with Ford, so if they have work in the pipeline for FoA then reassuring the network isnt a bad thing with this news.

As for the dollar ensuring work, Im not sure the bean counters rely on that like that used to but it definitely helps us for the interim but you cant bank on that either.

Saying it has ZERO relevance is a bit of a stretch, the fate of FoA cant surely hinge on Ranger/Everest forever.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane