View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 09:00 PM   #1132
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
My f'n 75 y/o parents!
Cruise ship trips has been their thing now for 3 years. Even though they do nothing on them or go anywhere interesting. My dad just walks the decks and my mum just eats and reads - so pretty much the same thing they do at home (my dad walks everywhere but yeah, there's no decks at home)

As soon as this thing started they were looking for bargains for next year cruises

They also go to the supermarket every 3rd day and buy enough food to last 2 weeks each trip! E: Apparently my dad walks to bunnings and the bakery every day for somewhere to walk to - he thinks he's invincible. (But really I suppose he wants a break from my mum ordering him about all day every day)
Thats the same as my oldies, they both hate each other but think its a good idea to spend 30+ days sailing about the Pacific Ocean together then send me emails every night whinging about each other and how they're not enjoying the cruise because Dad insists on eating hotdogs and chips for breakfast (its like rare exotic food to a wog) and Mum's salty over the small things like that

Then they keep going on cruises together

I don't mind a cruise, its like a floating aged care facility though, the two I've been on it was like me and 4 other millennials who were also there with their families and 2200+ Cav's.

I randomly met some old lady who claimed her deceased husband was a British scientist who helped worked on the atomic bomb project during WWII - pretty interesting story.

I think the younger crowd tends to go for the shorter duration cruises rather than the 2 week plus ones.
6 users like this post: