View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 12:13 PM   #111
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Alleged War Crimes by Australian Soldiers

I remember watching Medic 'Dusty' Miller on 60 Minutes earlier this year and really felt for the guy for having been put in this situation by his 'mates', it took a lot of guts to come out publicly and say what he said, and to face the victims family, well i got no words for that.....towards the end of the footage he strenuously makes the point that these incidents are the actions of a minority group and that the vast majority of the SAS are professional in there actions and are doing good work.....

IMO we should not be punishing the majority in any way at all because of the actions of a few, those individuals presumed responsible need to be rooted out and if found guilty punished, and all this needs to be done publicly no matter how far up and down the chain of command it goes, conducting this behind closed doors or keeping it 'in house' will remove any credibility in the eyes of the public...we need to clean house and it needs to be seen to be done...

I tip my hat to the guy, he's a hero in my eyes...

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post: