View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 10:26 AM   #10449
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Hey Charlie, have you actually looked into it?

By bro in law recently came back from the US to visit his ill mum, US$3k return, but you add hotel quarantine on top of that which is AU$3k. He booked only a few weeks in advance as the illness was unexpected. Flew back out after a couple of weeks no problems.

Just got news from my sister that they, as a family, managed to get a flight back from US to AU in July for US$2800 (one way). That is 2 adults and 2 kids. They will have to pay for quarantine on top of that, its a few Gs. They are always aware that it could get cancelled any time.

I don't think there is any issues going back out if you are going back to live. But any other reasons, even if it meets the gov criterias, you may need to jump through a few more hoops.

Those prices seem reasonable to me in this current situation. There are cheaper flights, but you have to transit through a few places making your trip 40hr+ Good luck!
He's talking about return travel between Costa Rica and Aus, he's only transiting through the US....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
This user likes this post: