View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 03:15 AM   #7
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car mods you've regretted

It was the 90's, so I blacked out all the window chrome on my rx3. Also sprayed the white vinyl interior black. The interior looked forever stuffed as vinyl paint sucked back then and I was a noob, irreplaceable window chrome ruined (808s didn't have chrome around the windows, at least I could get replacement front and rear screen chrome from an 808, but the side windows, ruined forever).

Also hacked up parts of the dash and shifter console for gauges and stereo.
I did the battery relocation to the boot as well. NFI why, maybe I was dreaming of a huge turbo one day. I didn't get any power problems as I got huge cables from work. But it was pointless, dumb and most things put in the boot was ruined just because of fumes I think, corroded amp and speaker terminals, stinking sleeping bag etc LOL

It was a $1400 car at the time but all that stuff was mega expensive by the time I parted it out years ago, let alone now them being just under 100k cars now.

These days when I grab an older car I'm restoring to stock as much as I can, undoing dumb previous owner sh!t, but 30 years ago I was the dumb 'previous owner'.

Last edited by oldel; 04-06-2021 at 03:22 AM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: