View Single Post
Old 18-06-2021, 12:13 PM   #11589
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yes I know the suburbs are great and getting on with it. We were talking about CBD's.
According to my father who looks down on DH apart from last and spends all his time there (due to travel restrictions OS) Apart from Thursdays fireworks CBD is dead and has been since March last year. He even commented on smaller food type businesses closing down due to the workforce not being there.
yes re CBD has had its "down" no doubt about that - alot of companies have leased less floor space as any would and some small shops/cafes depending where located have closed. Depends which part of town your small biz was.
Obviously the cbd white collar brigade has had a massive re set to adjust to, imo this has been a good whittling down of the fat cats some, the little biz have been the ones to suffer the most.
2 of my kids are cbd based business employees, some time ago their companies informed back to office no more WFH.
Thats been healthy and many other companies have instructed this as well.

In saying that comparing apples for apples our cbd would be no where as baron as Melb's Thanks to not locking down anywhere as much as them.
As I've kept saying, in the big picture were living pretty ok but as we know depending the business sector your involved in, some have lost unfortunately and some are thriving.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by FTE217; 18-06-2021 at 12:20 PM.
3 users like this post: