Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2021, 01:11 PM   #11594
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Covid 19 -

So i still stay in contact with my old manager. So this is referring to comercial electrical. So when i left that job, i was a service electrician. So with the majority of clients staff working from home the service calls died off. Scheduled maintenance, a lot of that died off because no one was in the office so therefore there was less and less maintenance required. Now work did pick up for a few months, but that was purely due to companies heving success with people working from home, so to save money they would downsize their offices. A lot have adoped the method of people sharing a desk, but alternating the days between them of coming to the office and working from home.
One management style my old company adopted which was legal, but a bit of a dog act in my opinion was due to the amount of people looking for work, they'd be willing to do the same job for less pay. So there was a high staff turnover as management was sort of pushing people out. I left on my own terms for my own reason, so i wasnt pushed out. But things had changed anyways. Just little things, like team meetings used to be held with the boss taking us out for lunch, that ended. A lot of little perks that made it feel like the company was looking after its employees ended. Also other stuff. So it used to be encouraged to take clients for coffee etc. The compamy would pay, it was to create customer relationships. Not every day/week or whatever. But then that got taken away to save money as the business advisor deemed saving pocket change more important the keeping good customer relationships and repeat business. So with covid slowing down work, in my mind wouldnt you want to keep as many customers as possible? Any tom, dick or harry can do most jobs we were doing, but if a client likes the service, they dont shop around, they stick to who they like.
2 users like this post: