View Single Post
Old 13-04-2022, 06:33 AM   #18
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Most degrading jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
I dunno if degrading is the right term, as the role is important in the functioning of things and is honest and well-paid work, but this mini doco always has me giggling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISuQngDolAc
My son works at a 'waste water treatment plant' for a number of small towns and a large city. I was talking to him about this and he said they have had one out there.

As my son has been there for a while he gets to mentor the new employees. I was talking to one recently and he said the best advice my son gave him was when they were in a tinnie (with a small outboard) on the first pond, my son turned to him and said "my best advice while doing this is to keep your mouth shut"

During COVID when toilet paper was scarce they had to regularly clean the pumps out due to people using non-soluble things other than toilet paper, he showed us a video - wow, what a 'sh!t' job . When the waste arrives there straight from town, all the 'solids' are filtered out, he said it is amazing what comes through, false teeth, money, kids toys, of course condoms and tampons, but things like butt plugs - all sorts of stuff
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote