View Single Post
Old 14-04-2022, 07:08 PM   #1520
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfets View Post
Whats you favorite wax/sealant to apply with the DA polisher DFB?

Something like Collinite 845 or Gyeon Q2 Wax should work well with a machine I assume right?

Thats probably where the black Shinemate pads would be good too.
Favorite to apply with a D/A? Without question Gyeon Q2! That has more to do with the way Q2 is administered from it's container.......

Using a D/A to apply 845 has ensures a thin, even coating. 845 can be a bitch to remove if applied too thickly.

Another I still really like using is Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. This is now probably considered old fashioned, but I just love how it makes paint look.

I know I trot this pic out a lot, but it really illustrates what a good old fashioned paint sealant can do........

Menzerna Power Lock is another really easy product to use on a D/A. Probably one of the easiest buff-off products around.

You are correct with the assumption that the black Shine Mate pad is used for application of waxes and sealants.

When using a D/A to apply waxes and sealants, it's important to have the machine on the lowest setting and to apply very little to no pressure on the pad, just let the machine glide over the paint. Unlike paint correction, you can move quicker over each section as you are simply distributing product. Use the DA on the larger, flatter panels and follow up with a small handheld applicator for the smaller and more intricate areas.

It's also worth highlighting that, unlike polish residue, getting waxes and sealants out of foam pads is a nightmare. I soak them in microfiber detergent and rinse under running water as best as possible with a lot of scrunching and squeezing. I have also heard of people just putting them in a zip lock bag and storing them like that until next needed. Or just throw them away and buy another one.....

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: