Thread: End of an era
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 07:11 PM   #6
bundybear75

Default Re: End of an era

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383hq View Post
Thanks for the update on the kms / components.
I had a MC Mondeo and sold it before it hit 200k of highway driving, was curious (anxious?) to know how long they'd run before expensive parts replacement began.
There is quite a list of costly components in the modern mondeo turbo diesel

Went to a falcon FG2, brilliant car aside from the range difference, also now nearly at 200k km, and probably not even at third life, but soon to be replaced.

I very nearly bought a second hand low km MD mondeo given my experience with the MC, but in the end I stuck with a new car order (wagon/non Ford/petrol)

TBH I feel a bit dirty - I've regularly updated my Fords over the last 20-30 years, but little choice to support Australia/Ford nowadays unless you want a Ranger.

Mondeo really was underrated, and in my view technologically advanced. I loved the DCT / highway fuel range.
I've never really had a brand preference, but as I do over 50K km a year, an economic diesel engine is a must. The DCT was great on the highway, but I coulndt justify a $4K rebuild on a 400K km car.

apart from the speed sensor at 135k km, and a dpf fuel vaporiser at 220K km, I had zero other issues with the Mondeo - just regular maintenance and 2 tyres every 16-20K km
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: