View Single Post
Old 13-10-2022, 07:46 PM   #1649
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Employer retention will eventually be an issue for staff. All these extra measures for employees simply add another potential rort to the Workers Comp system. We've had 3 fake claims in the last 12 months. Unsurprisingly, we are over the stress and hassle of employing people and will be closing. It's just not worth the bother anymore.
I work for a small family business, there is no way they could fund anything like this, you're own here. Which, I sort of agree with, but at the same time there should be acknowledgement that sometimes an employee won't be at their best, mentally and physically.

Sadly, while all of these workplace schemes are for the greater good, it's just too much for some businesses and opens up avenues for certain people to exploit these goodwill gestures or legislation.

My sister on the other hand works in management for a VERY large retailer, the protocols for just about every single tiny little possibility is borderline insanity, most of it so they are seen to be politically correct and not get sued. Too many layers covering too many contingencies. I'm glad I don't have to go through that.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: