View Single Post
Old 14-11-2022, 09:50 AM   #208
nearlythere

Default Re: 2001 AUII ute immobilizer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonJunkie View Post
aussieblue beat me to it.

I think at the very least you'd need to jimmy rig the demister so that it's a complete circuit?
Or fix it properly.

Then get Forscan & the correct OBD cable (Ford specific) and go from there.

It would be good to know a bit more about what the locksmith did, and did not do exactly...

Hi mate, Not sure if your post is referring to me or not.

But anyway...Here goes.

Dad had the ute for 5 years, Never drove it much but it never failed to start unless the battery was flat as it always drained it. So he'd leave it disconnected until he needed it again.
When I went to start it, it started fine BUT i left the battery connected for 2 weeks and the next time I went to start it, it was dead flat and i mean DEAD. So I charged the battery, it wound over 3 times then that was it, the immobilizer kicked in and also disabled the starter.
Thought no worry's I'll get Forscan, extended licence and an OBD.
Connected to ute no probs, erased keys and door locks cycled to indicate erase and in learn mode. But it just will not program the keys. Turn ignition on within 10 seconds and 2nd key within 5 seconds and nothing happens even after 30 minutes. Click ok or turn ignition off and after 10 seconds door cycle to indicate learning mode has exited. Both keys are fine and I'm using OBD EX as recommended by Forscan.
I get DTC's
Aircon, fuel gauge, abs, seatbelts, and theft detected vehicle immobilized.
I've cleared them and tried again. Updated all drivers, still the same.
I've checked all connectors and all are clean.
I did get fault in ECU error though but I think communication errors are found when nothing is paired BEM to ECU.
Everything works on the ute except programming keys like the coil around the ignition is not reading the key. Locksmith got as far as i did and found no errors ( weird ) He tested the transceiverand it cam up fine.
I'm starting to think the BCM is cooked somewhere, I get no errors on forscan to say the transceiver is faulty, I even unplug the transceiver and still get no errors! So i'm thinking the key reader of the BCM circuit is stuffed. As for the rear window the element is intact, the lights comes on and I can hear the relay to it.
I also have another AU late S1 XR6 that lost it's marriage.
Faulty BCM and had a dicky cabin fusebox.
All that now operates the body functions but i get PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE INTERRUPTED when i goto erase the keys.
Bloody AU's!
nearlythere is offline   Reply With Quote