View Single Post
Old 19-04-2023, 11:22 PM   #305
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Default Re: I see Chinese made MGs everywhere!

Yesterday I finished my three week "adventure". While my car was being repaired I was given a MG ZS! And in conclusion, not as bad as I thought but still mediocre.

Gutless engine which is noisy. And fuel economy of the 1.5 liter equivalent to my parents 2007 Ford Focus with a 2.0 liter engine.

4 speed auto which operates almost the same in normal and sports mode

ABS kicks in way too eagerly. I don't know if the brakes or the tyres are at fault.

Terrible suspension when hitting sharp speed humps and handling not confidence inspiring

Huge blind spots due to tiny windows between rear doors back of car

Lights default setting is AUTO and not off so always turning on lights

Stereo has no off button so it starts every time vehicle is started. Need to use mute button. And AM reception very poor except for the stations with the strongest signals.

Indicator column on left side of steering wheel next to cruise control column which meant I often accidentally high beamed drivers when I was trying to use the cruise control

Apple car play - enough said

Trip computer seems to reset every time car is started

Odd quirk is hazard lights would automatically start flashing if applied the brakes too hard.

Worst sounding horn I've heard to date

In conclusion for that money I'd rater buy a used Japanese or South Korean SUV which would be superior vehicles.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: