View Single Post
Old 24-04-2023, 09:29 PM   #23
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford bringing all electric Ford Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrpo View Post
The batteries are not what people think either. For years I was reminded by non believers a hybrid replacement battery was around $8000. When the time came it was $2500.

Actually it was $2200 fitted. The battery failed at 7 years, so Toyota gave 1 year pro rater on warranty. The new battery has a 10 year warranty with unlimited kilometres. The 2016 car at 190K has had one cranker battery (genuine), a hybrid battery (genuine) and a set of front brake pads in its life. Of course oil and filter every 15K that I do, and a few sets of tyres.

Compared to the Focus it replaced its chalk and cheese. Admittedly the focus was more fun to drive. But economy of 4lt/100 to 7.5. Alone the cost of the replacement battery is way cheaper in comparison than the fuel consumed by the focus to achieve the same kilometres.

Sadly the Focus started detonating and decomposing around 7 years old. BY 10 years with 180K on it the plastic components in the engine bay and interior made the car unpredictable, unreliable, and shabby to say the least. $500 trade in was a s good as it got. The Prius is still like the fist day apart from the odd rattle. Paint, interior, no plastic or rubber perish. Its my first Toyota and I can see why they are hard to top past.
Well that changes things - last time I looked the reco battery cost 8K to do in Melbourne... OK so you can get the factory battery replaced for 2.2K, and the purchase price is 2K more, over 10 years that makes the Hybrid better. Did you have to stay with Toyota service for all 7 years to get that price?