View Single Post
Old 28-06-2023, 02:10 PM   #2728
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
Obviously the further you go out, it tends to be cheaper. But, more often than not if that own is say only an hour or less away(commuter belt) prices tend to follow that city upwards, not all the time mind you.We experienced that when we moved ,nearly doubled our price in 7 years. I can fully understand you looking @ ‘quality’ of a build.But the majority of homes we looked at were of pretty high quality.The worse home we owned wax’s on acreage quite a few years back.’Beechwood’ home.Finishes we’re very, very average.Painting was truly awful.But other than that quite a solid home.It has just been sold in the last month or so for 1.35 mill.(we only paid $520,000 for it)A lot of work has been done to it,changing layout etc…Very, very good job by them.
2.5hrs to the nearest major city is fine by me.
Just far enough to keep the ever demanding commuters out.

Low prices = low rates and a lower cost of living.

I reckon if I still lived in $ydney I would be earning upwards of 1/2 million bucks a year but would need double that to live my lifestyle, while being stuck working 7 days a week. All to buy an overpriced roach invested/termite ridden dump in the burbs.

It's like the old saying, how to make a successful million $ a year business, start with 2 million.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote