Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2023, 01:37 AM   #294
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

Well, back to talking serious. HIPO, i know you have the truck, and batteries on the way. So charger is the next thing. So 6s capable, 7A charger. If you are paranoid like me about balance charging lipos, I'd do them at 6.5A being 6500mah units.
Stock tyres will be perfectly fine as they are still new and you have to feel the thing out anyways, and work out the terrain you want to run it on.
Being a hobbywing esc, i won't back down on my recomendation on the future purchase of a program box for the esc so you can do some wizardry to the settings and make it do what you want, the way you want it.

Interesting thing about hobbywing stuff. These days its highly regarded. So i have a hobbywing esc and motor in my short course truck and a hobbywing motor in my monster truck.
So a max 10 with a 3600kv in the blue one and a 2200kv in the red one but that runs a traxxas velineon 6s esc just because bluetooth, gps, lights and sensors. But the 3s sc10 combo with the 4000kv motor i got in 2009 is still kicking in my sons truck. I bought that combo in 2009 for something to do in 2009 as my future ex wife was pregnant so i had to spend more time at home. So it was in the 2wd stadium truck i had. It ripped hard. Back then hobbywing, well it was a new brand, or atleast not yet a trusted brand. So, to me it was a gamble but well priced. These days hobbywing stuff is considered quality stuff. I have no complaints. I have minced 4 traxxas motors and 5 traxxas electronic speed controllers. Never killed anything hobbywing, not even the sc10.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote