View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 05:53 AM   #2726
onemanempire
One Man

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious View Post
I try not to be competitive, I really do try, but if you subconsciously lay down that type of challenge, or you're are simply not paying attention to what you're doing, then I might as well open up 6000rpm of 4.0L fuel injected grunt & leave you in my wake sucking cat' fumes!!!

Why is it I do this....'CAUSE IT'S DAMN FUN!!!

My why is it is: Why do people stop at an empty roundabout? Grrrr

Your post reminded me of a holiday i went on to Queensland. I was driving from Brisbane to Mackay in a rental Toyota Corolla 1.6 auto circa 1997 98 era. Somewhere along the way there was a guy in a car which I don't remember that just had to be in front of me. Driving at night, around 10 -11pm somewhere between Bundaberg and Rockhampton.
So he passes me, I'm doing 105 indicated, so I decide to pass him back, like a F U, I can beat you, he passes me back.. So I pass him back. This tie I didn't roll of, just kept it pinned, wow, all of a 161 indicated. What a sludge box. He passed me back again. That's it captain, I'm giving it all she's got... this went on for about 5 mins or so.. a car coming the other way suddenly lit up like a Christmas tree, yep. A doughnut in a hwy patrol car (VL Turb from memory) which had the side mounted radar flashed him to pull over, which he did... NOT me tho, I just kept it pinned laughing like a maniac knowing that the wood duck that decided to stop should keep officer blob happy for a while.. 162 in a 100 zone... I felt sorry for the guy, no really. Bet he never wanted to be in front again!!!

Funny stuff.
Great thread. This won't ever die I reckon.