View Single Post
Old 19-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
Simon_Koala
Starter Motor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertiac
Hey, just picked meself up a 1997 Mondeo and I've noticed the temp gauge moves about a lot, and gets quite high. I found a pretty useful page on common Mondeo problems, which says that they normally read high, so I'm not too worried, but when waiting at traffic lights etc I can see it rise to the 'L' in NORMAL. Just wondering what everybody else with a Mk1/mk2 model considers normal temp gauge behavior, with Australian weather?
Mine does the same (its also a '97 Mk2), but according to what info I'm able to gleam from searching the net, its normal. So I am not worried. I had a cooling system pressure test and flush done a few weeks ago by my local Ford dealer, and they filled it up with the (expensive) Ford approved coolant and it didn't change the way the water temp dial operates, so that pretty much confirms that it does run on the higher half of the temp scale dial. When asking the service manager, he confirmed the same - that Mondeo's just tend to run hot compared to some other cars.
Simon_Koala is offline   Reply With Quote