View Single Post
Old 17-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #310
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What problems have you had with your Mondeo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
The car also went for a service yesterday at my local independent (sorry, DIY advocates ).

It's not clear why the tyres went wonky, as a simple bounce test suggests the shock absorbers are okay... I'm a bit worried there's something expensive to be revealed under there.

If I were you (?) I'd just put new tyres on without a wheel alignment and check the wear pattern every fill up. If the tyres are wearing evenly and the car goes straight ahead there's not a problem.

I've not had a wheel alignment in 7 years and the tyres are wearing just fine. Excepting my own adjustment of front toe in - I had excessive wear on the inside edge
so I turned the tie rod nut half a turn each, been fine ever since.

More controversial perhaps is the notion I have that the front wheel toe in is best set by trial and error, as it can be in spec but not in practice, i.e. with half at ton at 100km/h.

Of course I shouldn't need to say IMHO should I? Otherwise you might think everything I said without an IMHO was true? . Sorry.

I suggest Just put new tyres on, and go from there, any sign of steering or uneven wear issues - off to the alignment experts.
Chek the tyres each fill up.

Last edited by rondeo; 17-11-2018 at 08:00 PM.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: