View Single Post
Old 20-03-2019, 10:01 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Euthanasia in QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
It's my life and my choice what I want to do with it with regards to euthanising myself. Euthanasia and suicide are illegal, fine tell that to me when I'm dead. No-one tells me what to do in this instance.

I've discussed it at length with my ex and daughters and they are totally ok with it and my peaceful self induced exit strategy. They will not assist me no matter how bad things are for me as much as they'd like to - an act of love and caring would leave them well open for prosecution.

I've recently had a mild stroke and am indeed very lucky, the clot could've been far worse for myself. It is very likely I'll recover enough to lead a normal life.

My biggest fear is becoming a catatonic vegetable, long term comatose or dependent on other people for me to "exist" where I can't end it for myself. That is not what I consider a life for me. I'd like to sign a form right now that if I don't recover after six months to give me the "green dream".

I realise the laws for euthanasia would be very hard for the policy makers to formulate, legislate and enact as it's fraught with many different scenarios. I hope some form of euthanasia medically assisted suicide is enabled, the legislation if enacted can be changed if so needed at a later date.

My 5 cents worth anyway. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog
I live near the old Holden manufacturing base at Elizabeth.

A lot of local businesses have been burnt by Holden's decision to pack up and go. Things that you might not even think about - the sandwich place in Elizabeth centre just closed. I know they got a lot of business from Holden workers in the past.
Exists in Mexico bud

https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/hospi...assisted-dying

Edit: No idea how that Holden quote ended up in here but how appropriate if anyone who could use assisted dying, it's the 'Commodore'
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: