View Single Post
Old 21-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #14
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Euthanasia in QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
My father was a boxer in the Royal Navy and got out of chores by being in the boxing team. Back in those times they did not use headgear and had inappropriate disproportionate weight match ups- result he took too many hits to the head.

He now has a form of dementia flowing from this trauma, and his short term memory is nil. He started becoming unable to control his aggression and assaulted a couple of people over a squabble over car parking and garden watering in an old age village.

The Police were good and mercifully did not prosecute, and end result he has been placed in a high care dementia nursing home-and although he was a hard mean man I still find it very confronting visiting him in what is a hospital ward prison. I now just get out of that place by taking him to Nobbys beach where he can sit and look at ships because he remembers the smell of the ocean and remembers ships.

I know I never want to exist like this. Speaking to my brother my plan is when that end stage comes visiting me to sit on my balcony looking at Lake Macquarie during sunset, consume certain magic pills and then down a few bottles of red and peacefully and happily pass looking at the beautiful world.

Politicians should pull their fingers out and enact legislation to enable humans to decide their time and mode of passing, so it is humane and dignified, with appropriate safeguards in place.
Mate I’m with you, Lake Macquarie and a few good reds sounds a far better option.

Im sure you’ve heard all the info about dementia from the professionals, but as a heads up the aggression is a very common issue with dementia. My girlfriends mum has been a handful to put it mildly throughout her life and became aggressive and very argumentative when she got dementure. The medication has helped immensely and also slows the dementia advancement,but I have zero idea at what stages the medications no longer helps.

Hope it helps, good luck with it all mate.
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: