View Single Post
Old 22-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #33
n.mcmahon
Nicko

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier View Post
I have a couple of additions to the parts:

(5) Reverse Park Sensors - there's a factory 'ParkPilot' system. I'm a sucker for sensors. Every other car I have has them. I need these bastards.

Lukeyson

There was a locally supplied dealer-fitted reverse parking sensor kit specific to the Fiesta WP/WQ (Ford part# WP13K236AA). I recently tracked one of these down on eBay for the poultry price of $95. Reckon it had been sitting in old stock for a long time. Being such a small car, not many local buyers would have ticked this option. I've only ever seen one Fiesta WQ (a Zetec) that had factory sensors fitted. These kits appear thin on the ground now.

Anyway, the aftermarket/dealer-fitted kit is very similar to the kit I installed on our Territory a few years ago. Detailed installation instructions specific to the Fiesta were easy to follow and they work well. The only difficult part was re-attaching the rear bumper, which requires you to source a couple of new blind rivets of a specific type. Managed to get them from Ford spares and they only had a few left. They were also really hard to install with a standard rivet hand tool.

I reckon the sensors make my red XR4 look better from the rear. Others will argue with that but at least I'm reducing the risk of my wife backing it into the gate.

I'm keen to consider the auto-headlight switch next. Seem relatively easy from what I read in this thread?
n.mcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: