View Single Post
Old 31-01-2019, 04:37 PM   #3
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MD Titanium headlight aiming

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to Chatswood for the information. I was guessing that those "threads" were the mechanical adjustment locations, but given the value of the adaptive headlamp assembly I felt getting some independent knowledge was wise.

Secondly, the adjustment was quite easy - if you have a similar need the adjustment screws (on our car) are coloured white and lie a the bottom of a channel in the rear face of the headlamp assembly. The channel is about 12cm deep to the hex socket, which also has a Phillips screwdriver slot at the bottom of it.The hex socket is 8mm and a 15 cm Allen key or longer is fine.

Before you start make sure that the headlamps are correctly set for Oz driving i.e. on the left. The settings menu for lighting is a little confusing as it refers to traffic direction. I concluded that this meant that oncoming traffic was either left or right and in the case of Oz this means right traffic.

Interestingly picking left traffic on our car caused the light beams to lift and this was where the service centre left them. Ideal if I went possum hunting as the lamps were illuminating roadside tree crowns on the right!

All's well that ends well however.

Thanks again Chatswood.

cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote