View Single Post
Old 28-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #173
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Default Re: 2011 Focus out in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
The latest edition of Wheel has a comparo of the Titanium tdci against the Golf 103tdi. Golf won as per usual but a side bar noted that the Titianium had a larger turning circle because of the larger wheels it has compared to the rest of the range. It also noted that Ford had fix for this issue from Oct/Nov (I think) production onwards. So they knew it was an issue and have addresed it.
Why exactly did Ford decide to move downmarket with the new Focus and target the Golf instead of the 1 Series?
In that very Wheels article, the Focus was described as uninvolving; apparently it "never involves the driver like the original Focus". What did Ford get out of shifting the focus of its small car from being a driver's car (with excellent handling and sharp steering) to, well, a poor imitation of the Volkswagen Golf? At least Euro Ford lovers still have the Mondeo. Let's hope that all the goodwill built up by the current Mondeo (from 2007 onwards) isn't defenestrated with the arrival of the next Mondeo if Ford decides to capture the Camry market.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote