View Single Post
Old 28-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #110
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

polo GTI handles well. but just like any car, you have to know how to drive it.

Fiesta handles REALLY well, like a certain Fiesta owner found out...., screaching off the road into the side of a mountain....... and funnily enough its the person who is always mouthing off and saying how well the fiesta handles and how much of a good driver he is.

Fair enough handling of the GTI might not be so great incomparison to a GTI 180 pug or maybe a 182.

But at the end of the day, those cars are dearer than the GTI polo. But they lack the build quality, fit and finish and standard features.

Something has got to give. So if you asked me, do you want something that will A: look great, handle well,have great standard features, put together well using good materials. Great power EVERYWHERE in the RPM range etc etc..

Or B: everything else in the small car market including the old 182 and 180gti, xr4, sport swift which have their own focus points but lack build quality and have lower grade materials, naturally aspirated motors which need to be reved to get the best out of them and some of these cars might handle slightly better than the GTI polo on a track.

I would MUCH rather the GTI Polo. Quality is paramount for me, dont want to spend 30 odd thousand dollars on something which falls apart now do we? that would not be a wise purchasing decision.

Lets face it, i dont go around fanging through corners 24/7 and i doubt most people on the forum do either.

They want something comfortable, quiet, driveable and nice looking.

Everyones taste is different. But i take option A thank you
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :