View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #38
mohit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezab

Thanks "mohit"
I did oil change using your step by step guide.
Just one thing though. The Focus manual shows different points for jack stands. It seems to me that you put jack stands under engine's handles.
Personally I followed manual's advice on placing jack stands which is near the jack on both side of the vehicle.
There are a few different places you can position the jack stands. When i did the oil change on our LT last week i positioned the jack stands under the control arms instead, as pictured on this Mazda 3:

As long as the car is securely supported without damaging any under car areas you'll be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink

Mohit, the sump drain plug might of been tight from Factory, not when the mechanic did the 3,000km check. Just a thought yeah? As I am a Ford Mechanic, some of us aren't Gorilla type haha.
Would have definitely been at the 3000km check as the oil and filter were changed at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezab

The "screw driver into oil filter trick" sounds really nice! I wish I knew that at the time. But is that enough? I mean do I need to yet open the plug or it is enough to drain the oil?
The plug lets the oil out of the oil sump (several liters). Just letting the oil drain out of the filter is not enough (few hundred milliliters).
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote