View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 07:56 PM   #96
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

ive been reading this with nothing more involved than just interest
tho i work in transport an a good portion of our work is international
and as for container freight breaching quarantine issues , its assessed and fumigated to suit as there isnt only a need to contain the problem but also return the container back to work with in its 10 day free use for destuffing then daily charges applied , its highly unusual for things to breach this period tho if it does at most its a few days due to what costs can be passed on and to whom the costs are worn by as charging for fumigation can be passed on but storage and container holding costs usually cant
now if the freight is being customs held thats another thing but is also unusual that so much is being customs held as they only usually hold things not allowed in to the country (and i dont think these fall under that) or things still awaiting for full tax to be paid on and usually thats passed on for payment so GovCo can get their money

to add to this i see vehicles come and go and i cant say ive seen any retained for months on end

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: