View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020, 01:04 PM   #7
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Old motorhome to a cabin conversion

As a side note to this build.....

After we had lived in it for a few years the nice owner had to sell the little caravan park.
The new owner that came in (with all the big plans) decided that he wanted all the annual sites cleared but wanted my stonewall left.
I would have just given it to him but he turned out to be such a huge a***hole most annual tourist left anyway.

It was time to recycle everything yet again.
These pictures are of the IPEC delivery body I converted into the motorhome from a flatbed Daihatsu Delta.
Body cut and fitted to cab chassis.

Cladding mid fitout.

In use at the start.

Timing was perfect, as I was pulling the stone wall apart I needed several loads of the granite up at a local job at Silver Creek. The current boundary walling on this property (below) was my original feature wall of the little cabin.
Quite a few bits and pieces have found their way into the build of my new cabin still under construction including the nice flute glass doorway from years ago.

As for the pantec body, across the road from the caravan park was a rural supply where a young guy who raced motorcross worked, he was looking at converting a truck body into his accommodation and transport of his bikes to race meeting.
A deal was struck where I didn't even have to remove it, the last I heard he had it on another cab chassis and was refitting it out again.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: