View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 05:09 PM   #14
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: How To Adjust Your Car Mirrors To Eliminate Blind Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
I've heard of this before some years ago, and have tried having the outside mirrors adjusted further out like in the video, but found there was no reference to the car then to show if the mirrors are adjusted correct each time I get in the car. And motorcyclists can be hidden between the interior and external mirror images with mirrors adjusted like in the video. So I prefer adjustment with the door handle just showing. And I do a head check anyway whenever changing lanes.

Besides, convex side mirrors can distort the image making the cars appear to be further away than they really are. You cannot rely on outside mirrors. You must do head check as well whenever changing lanes. And be mindful of motorcyclists as well.

Note: My post refers to cars only, with rearward vision.
I adjust the larger westcoast mirrors out beyond the bodies corners and the smaller convex for backing up.
My logic is the convex is a slow speed reverse and the large flat plate view faster moving blind traffic.
Panel van setup the same. If I'm unsure when reversing I get out and have a look.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote