View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 12:15 AM   #7
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: How To Adjust Your Car Mirrors To Eliminate Blind Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Seeing how fast a car is approaching in the lane next to you? I guess having mirrors out like this means you wont see cars until they are a lot closer to you.

It's unbelievable the amount of times I have been in the right lane going 10-20km/h faster than someone in the left lane then when I get about 10m from them they hit their indicator and change lanes instantly.
If everyone set their mirrors to the blind spot I can see that happening more often.

Why can't people turn their head. There is no blind spot in a normal car when you turn your head. I do a head check every time I change lanes. Even if I'm 99% sure there is no one next to me I'll still look. It's just a habit.
I always do a 'head check' when changing lanes, as you can never trust mirrors 100%.
Also, depending on weather conditions, if a grey or black car is close in the lane beside you, it is sometimes harder to see than lighter colour cars.

I feel the two most dangerous driving tactics I see in everyday driving is;

(1) Cars that tailgate or drive too close to the car infront for the road and weather conditions (i.e. rain).

(2) Those that continuously change lanes and weave in and out of traffic.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: