View Single Post
Old 15-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #24
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Looks very "Iosis" like. hehe
Yup! That was the basis of the car. Of course, it doens't have the camera side mirrors or the gull-wing 4 doors or the awesome orange interior like the Iosis, but it's a damn good car. Yes, the large car market has dipped down a little, but thats called trend. same thing happened in the 80's. It's all about what consumers are into at the present time. Medium-small cars are in "fashion" at the minute and some car companies have acknowledged that. You know how many Toyota's i see everyday around here. Yaris', Corolla's etc etc. But, It doesn't mean there isn't a demand still for the larger cars. My dad is even looking at getting a bigger car after his finished with his XR6T. It's all about consumer preference. I used to work in retail and not everyone wants the same thing. Yeah, sometimes a awesome pair of Nike's used to come in to the store and we'll sell them like hotcakes, but doesn't mean everyone has to buy it. It's exactly same with the Car industry. Yes, the Falcon, in my opinion, eats the dunnydoor for breakfast everytime, along with a number of other cars, but doesn't mean everyone is going to buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
If the Falcon is in trouble because its a large car and the large car market is shrinking, why is the Territory doing so well???
Exactly my point. People ask me, "why did you buy a Cougar" and "Is it coz petrol is expensive?" I bought the Cougar because I wanted to. I had a 1991 Magna SE before this and I felt it was time to get something I liked. If i wanted to buy a Falcon (and i would have if i had the money) i would.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote