View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #30
bundybear75

Default Re: 2010 TDCI Powershift problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
Aaarrrrgggghh!!. I'm in Powershift hell. Any advice on how to handle it would be greatly appreciated.

06/2012 TDCi Wagon, 72,000km, bought from dealer. 2 days ago I got "Trans Limited Function" warning, which corrected after re-start.

Service book is fully stamped, by either ford dealer (last at 30,000km) or RACV workshop. I just got off the phone to the RACV workshop who had some bad news:

- 60,000km service didn't include trans fluid change.
- The trans problem is known and was the reason the car was traded. Apparently it's been looked at twice but fault was never resolved.

I'm kicking myself for not either calling previous owner, or calling the workshop to check service record.

I'm concerned that the dealer will stuff around re-diagnosing, attempting cheap fixes, or claim there's no problem... dragging on the process, out of stat warranty period and leave me without a car for a long time.

It's obvious the trans needs significant work, so how can I make sure this happens without getting stuffed around?

I haven't mentioned todays findings to the dealer yet.

As far as the dealer knows, you brought the car with the full service history as per the book.

Has it logged a fault code or is the check engine light on? Do you have a tame mechanic mate who could scan it and check? (don't reset code though)

A vehicle that age with that many km has to have a warranty, take it back to them and see what they say. If they start the muck around then start making suggestions. Give them a chance first.

Good luck with it.
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote