View Single Post
Old 22-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #46
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyG351c
my dad took delivery of his au2 xr8 in july 01, it was the first 220kw version delivered to Kloster ford in newcastle. it didnt have any 220kw badges on it when he took delivery but when it went back for its first service they put the badge on the boot but not the sticker on the engine cover!
it also had the alloy ford racing heads like the t series had not the iron gt40p heads. id say it was a left over t-series engine!
Not saying it is impossible, but what you have reported is very very unlikely, because the alloy headed 220 production stopped in early March 2001 (halfway through the T2 run), and the cast iron 220's in XR8's did not kick off until the second half of the year.

How an alloy headed 220 motor sat around for over three months and then finally found its way into an XR8 is beyond me, especially since the T2's had been getting cast iron headed engines for that whole time.

Possibly a T1 TS50 warranty engine that had been misplaced in the production line?

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote