View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
buts44
Starter Motor

Default XR5 Unable to be started

Just a warning to everyone regarding the XR5 with keyless ignition. I was unable to start my car yesterday afternoon - absolutely nothing working when pressing the "power" button. No accessories which also meant unable to unlock the steering, windows or anything else. The Dealer promptly sent a Tow Truck this morning to pick up the car and as of late today the vehicle is still not able to be started. I was told that the battery had gone completely flat and had lost all codes etc. Apparently when the keys are in the vicinity of the vehicle, the management system polls different sensors etc in readiness for the vehicle to be started. He believes that the keys may have been in range of the vehicle and this has caused the battery to flatten. Sounds like a load of you know what to me, however they have had to order a new battery (car is 2 weeks old) and they are still trying to get the car and keys recoded. He did mention that there is some new software upgrade coming however I dont know how this relates to the problem they are explaining to me. Might know more tomorrow if and when they get the car going again.

buts44 is offline   Reply With Quote