View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
buts44
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColonel
The software upgrade coming is to solve the issue of the cars dropping the codes and sounding the alarm, when this happens though the ignition is sent to position two so your radio actually turns on when the alarm sounds and stays on, this is happening to Mondeo's all over the world with the keyless ignition.

When this happened to mine, at 11pm one night, the car dead locked me out, could not use the physical key to get me into the car or use either remote to open it, had to be towed to the dealer... tilt sensors deactivated the alarm and locking whilst towing so when it got there it could be unlocked by key but battery was flat.

One thing to note when the battery does go flat you will need to re-program things like auto up and down on your power windows, your global open and close, and also things like your stereo presets such as EQ settings.

The car does poll for keys, but the signal is not that strong, the key needs to be basically in the car for it to work, and if a key is locked in the car then that key is disabled until the car is unlocked and started by the key that locked the car in the first place, I don't know if the key polling is active if the car is off and locked. I'll see if i can find out anymore information on that issue.
Thanks everyone for the advice, got the car back tonight and they are saying that they think it was just a dud battery. It took them 7.5 hours to get the car going again after the flat battery. I am still sceptical on the flat battery syndrome, just doesnt seem to make sense that the battery went flat so quick when I still had plenty of juice to run headlights, stereo, the initial Human Interface Screen etc in the car. Just glad its back and have to keep an eye on it over the coming weeks.