View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
FRIKA
FRIKA

Well it happened to me on the weekend. Friggin alarm started going of, radio was on window wipers going and the car lights were on. Nothing i did would open the bastard. I tried the remote and the actual key but it just wouldnt open. Worst of all it was ****ing down with rain so i got drenched. I thought it may be the remote so i had to catch the cab home to get the spare and the come back. Well that did bugger all.

I thought i would ring the car dealer and they never heard of such a thing happening. They offered to send a road side assistance guy out. 1 hour wait, all soaked and freesing he finally rocked up. i told him the problem. He had to use a pair of pliers on the key to open the door. I then tried to start it and it was completely dead. he tried charging the battery and did not work. He added an additional battery to get the car to charge but that also didnt help.

After all that he decided that all he had left to do is remove the battery and replace it with another and guess what it worked. The battery was cactus.

Reading the above Im starting worry now that its the car that actually caused the battery to cark it. What if it happens again and my 4 month old is in the car. Now i need to carry a pair of pliers with me and maybe a brick (ha ha) to smash the window.

If anyone finds out some more news please keep us updated.

Cheers