View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 08:19 PM   #6
mondeomatureguy

Default Re: My Mondeo is a Freak!

Hi Roddy 1960,
thanks for your kind words mate funny you should have a Au Falcon because a few years ago I was looking at an AU XR8 four speed but we only have a one car garage and a car port also and would have no where to put the extra car.

My wife has a car also and I wouldn't put the Mondeo out in the weather so at the moment that dream of a XR8 will have to wait.

The local Ford Dealer is up the road from our place and there's been a FG XR6 Turbo for sale been there for about two months.

its got 89,316 ks on it and its $33,888. theres also a XR8 but didn't look at the price on that.

I went to my mechanic last week for new pads and a pink slip as the Mondeo is due for Rego at the end of August.

My Mechanic says :This car of yours will never die and he thinks its because all the Highway driving it does.

When my wife and I brought the Mondeo the idiot sales man says to me " its
got a sealed for life transmission (which it hasn't) and don't worry about the transmission service"

thank goodness I never took his word for it and I found the transmission dipstick myself and have had the transmission serviced a few times.

Like some reviews I have read about the Mondeo which are not too flash I have read some not too flash reviews about the AU Falcon but tell the truth I don't take much notice of reviews because every body's opinion is different any way.

cheers mate
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote